Patents Dilemna

I was born in a beautiful country called Zambia. I have lived in the United Kingdom for most part of my adult life. There are a numorous aspects of the UK I really like, sense of humour for instance.

There a few things I really distaste and will not appologise to anyone for it, racism. My main concern right now is intellectual property laws. I'm not an expert in law, believe me, I respect the law.

When I read the article, Indian Passage of Patent Law Slammed , I felt an injustice was being imposed on poor people.

I'll explain. Having learnt my skills in the UK, I know countless ways of producing products or providing services that are widely and cheaply available in the UK, but are just a dream for people in Zambia.

Picture this, I'm made redundant in the UK, and I do not want to spend my life on social security subsistence. So, I decide to go to Zambia with my skills I will employ inorder to make a living.

The question is; do I live in poverty just so I can respect UK patent laws? I think not!

0 comments: