In memory of Ramjet

A friend's family pet died a few days ago. My friend who is such a caring family man and considered the pet as part of his family felt distressed, naturally. I have posted the letter he sent to me as a fitting memorial to the greatly missed pet.

My Dear Mates,

It's almost 11 days ago when I recieved the shocking
email of Ramjets' sudden demise from my wife, dear
Jane.
The news truly left me completely at a loss of words!
Here was a friend who had passed away without even the
chance of saying bye or worse still, no picture taken
with him or of him that might help as a memorial of
his charming and pleasant character.

You see, Ramjet died after a 'hit and ran' episode and
the culprit lacked the heart to even rush him to
emergency hospital. I had planned to have a great time
with him as soon as I break after the 1st semester.

I had no one to turn to, no one to relate to who would
understand the depth of my sorrow. I really missed
home then, little Tizhyo and his sister Tapiwa would
have surely been of great help in a time like this.

Lately, I have made friends with Martin, a classmate
and a refugee from the DRC (Zaire), who I help with
his english proficiency. I turned to him to help share
my grief - all I needed was for someone to listen to
me.

I went through some of my fond moments with Ramjet and
how I will miss him so. He was quite helpful as he sat
and patiently listened to my lamentations.
After I felt quite 'downloaded' of my grief, I kept
quiet for a moment.
My friend, Martin, asked me what Ramjet was to me - a
relative, friend, or what? I told him he was more than
a friend, he was any man's best friend!
He asked me Ramjet's occupation - was he a student or
pupil, worker or businessman?
I told him, 'Ramjet was a fine "

0 comments: