Thou shalt have sex, and enjoy it.

The controversial book, It's A Sin Not To Do It, written by two theologians, Roberto Beretta and Elisabetta Broli, who write regularly for the Italian Bishops' magazine, promises the reader answers to 'everything you wanted to know about sex but the Church (almost) never dared to tell you'.
Bullet points on the jacket cover underline the central message: 'Sex? God invented it. Original sin? Sex has nothing to do with it. Without sex there is no real marriage.'
Another chapter likely to raise eyebrows unearths theological justification for post-coital masturbation for women who fail to achieve orgasm during intercourse.
The authors are now awaiting reader reaction.
Forgive me for I have sinned. I shall, from now on, endeavour to satisfy my fleshly cravings more frequently and enjoy myself while at it.

0 comments: