A nation 'in grip of drink crisis'

Britain: a nation 'in grip of drink crisis': "The American 'super-cop' brought in by the Home Office to cut Britain's crime rate warned last night that the nation's binge drinking culture was spiralling out of control and fuelling an epidemic of violence outside pubs and clubs that threatened to overwhelm the police. "

I've seen the footage on TV and I do respect the men and women who risk their personal safety to control the situation.

I do not think it is armageddon, rather than exuberance.

I met a friend and his girlfriend yesterday at a pub to watch the England against South Africa rugby match. Funny that I had to go to a pub instead of the stadium which is only 15mins walk from where I live.

Anyway, it took me 30 minutes to order a drink. After that It was impossible to see the TV monitor because there were so many people taller people in front of me.

My friend and I and his squeeze consoled ourselves with with a few drinks. The people were all so civilised even though they were inebrieted not only from the England win over the Sringboks,but lot's ale as well.

I did not notice any fights, it was a good evening of family fun and all the English gentlemen ferried their happy families away peacefully.

I just wish England was like this everywhere.

0 comments: