Musings on Mating

I'm inherently attracted to Zambian women. Lately, my roving eye has been scanning the hills and valleys of the Zambian cultural, gender politics, specifically what Zambian women want. My Musings on Mating are a mixed bag of hilarity, embarassing moments and near misses.

Talking about misses, I came across a number of very good looking Zambian women at the Miss Zambia UK 2003. Beauty pageants are often criticized as being ridiculous events themselves. Truth be told, the contestants were smashing. I'll leave the fight for sexual equality to people who have the time and energy. Right now, my interest is solely in seeing drop-dead gorgeous girls. For this moment, beauty beats brains any time.

You cannot attend a Zambia party without the constant reminder ofAIDS in Zambiaand the devastating effect it leaves in it's wake. This sullen reminder does nothing to dampen the high spirits that are rekindled at the sight of wall to wall beauties.

Once upon a time, I was in a happy relationship. Now, I'll be lucky if she can call me back. What happened? No comment. I wish to dwell on what will be or can be.

Anyone holding a torch for a past love? While you say you want to meet someone new, the old partner tugs at your heart and can at times seem like your safe ace-in-the-hole or last resort. In case nothing else works out, you can always go back.

No. Not me. This time, I have decided to take advantage of the Spring Cleaning tradition to make room in my heart, closet and calendar for the love I want. I will Clear away obstacles, create space for new opportunities and open my life to the real possibility that the new love could be just around the corner.

So, finally, it has come to this.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find you quite intriguing!!!!
with love from a Zambian Beauty. (keep up the good work with letting people know about zambia)