Zambians Abroad Get Short Shrift

How many Zambians are familiar with the darkside of being a professional abroad. You are constantly passed over for promotion, petty complaints are labelled against, your opinions or recommendations are ignored and your are first to be made redundant or even fired for unproven allegations.... and on and on..

I have been at the recieving end of a lengthy and expensive legal investigation that led to nowhere. I know of friends who have been denied promotion and are paid less for the work the do. This form of exploitation and abuse is very common in the UK and US.

Should we simply keep quite and be grateful for the little kind gestures given to us or should we demand our rightful place as intelligent hardworking people who contribute to the greater good of communities we live in?

I came across this post that said Inland Empires most racist college: San Bernardino Valley College:

"Dr. Chipasha Luchembe was fired over the color of his skin.
Dr. Luchembe was the only Black in the history department at that time. He was also the only one in the department with a Phd. "


I do not fully know the background to this issue, my interest was aroused because it involves a zambian.

To my ex-employers, yes you know who you are, I'll say this. Sod off!

0 comments: