The Mood For Christmas Cheer

WHAT'S Christmas without a song to put you in the mood? Apart from Zambian chrismassy carols from the local church, I have scant recollection of the pop songs that put me in the mood for a truly Zambian xmas. Being Zambian, I could cannot sing about snow, though my primary school teacher who happened to be British politely persuaded me. And Santa wearing winter clothes is simply stupid. Zambia is in the sun.

Now that I live in a country where you can make money at the bookmakers by simply wishing that Santa drops some white flakes from heaven, I appreciate the pure delight of being young at heart and anticipating Christmas day.

Just to give you an idea of what I'm talking about here are songs and carols that hit the right festive note for others, and lately me.

0 comments: